A position in Database Architecture and Administration where over ten years of DBA experience in optimization and procedure development is vital to business operations.
Over ten years of experience with various RDBMS platforms, with a strong preference for PostgreSQL or EnterpriseDB on UNIX platforms such as RHEL, CentOS, and Ubuntu. Highly developed SQL and PL/SQL query and procedure optimization skills. Extremely comfortable with scripting languages including Bash, Python, and Perl. Linux system administration knowledge geared toward database performance and maintainability, including high availability clustering and automation tools such as DRBD, Pacemaker, Bcfg2, and Puppet. Functional in both server-class hardware and network administration. Well versed in Atlassian Confluence and JIRA productivity tools, and regularly use GIT distributed source control.
- Majors in Mathematics and Computer Science, minor in Physics.
- Administer several doubly-redundant (failover + offsite) EnterpriseDB VLDB installations with DRBD data replication and Linux Pacemaker cluster automation.
- Ensure uptime of 12000+ transaction per second (TPS) database instance during financial market hours.
- Maintain backup, archival, and synchronization scripts on 10+ node, Slony replicated cluster.
- Revise data replication and partitioning for archival and disaster recovery.
- Initiate standard operating procedure (SOP) guidelines.
- Test and recommend hardware upgrades for cross-environment server migrations, including FusionIO ioDrives to handle market open IOPS demands.
- Create and maintain documentation and emergency checklist disaster recovery dashboard for DBA coverage and direction of system evolution.
- Standardize software and server configuration process to facilitate automated cluster node deployment and maintenance.
- Hold training classes for developers on advanced query techniques and avoidance of common pitfalls.
- Implement a database roadmap to ensure long-term data scalability and execution viability.
- Database administration, maintenance, and schema design for PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server.
- Linux (RHEL, CentOS) system administration and repository development.
- Data warehouse star and snowflake schema design and optimization for multi-million row reporting tables.
- Implement data replication and partitioning for archival and disaster recovery.
- Maintain and refactor custom ETL (Perl, Python, Bash) and data synchronization software.
- Continually support several documentation and SOP development initiatives.
- Work with development teams to safely integrate schema changes into existing infrastructure.
- Decommissioned a leased SAN LUN, saving nearly $100k per year.
- Developed NagAconda to encourage application output monitoring.
- Database administration and schema design for MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Sybase.
- Built an online database-driven PDF publishing and digital newspaper archive system.
- Designed a universal driver-based library for content parsing and data-feed import /export.
- Created a database-driven automotive retail engine; see WheelsForYou.com.
- Researched and constructed a modular SIC-compatible information directory.
- Mobilized a CVS architecture that is now the company standard for source control.
- Oracle stored procedure, backup and recovery, query optimization and general DBA duties.
- Apache server setup, maintenance, and module compilation.
- Wrote an application integrating Oracle, IBM MQ, and XML for client/server interaction.
- General programming duties in various languages.
- Apache Server Setup and Maintenance.
- Redesign of template HTML and graphics.
- Writing of CGI scripts for user input and dynamic page generation.
- Development of CORN—Premier news site for Cornell College.
Available upon request.